1. Have you inspected your workplace and produced a written risk management programme to eliminate or minimise hazards?
2. Do you have a written risk management system for WHS and Workers Compensation legal compliance?
3. Is your workplace safe, do you comply with the WHS and Workers Compensation laws?
4. Do you have a WHS person or Health and Safety Committee (HSR and/or HSC)?
5. Are workplace accidents increasing your Workers Compensation premiums?
6. Are you prepared for an inspection of your workplace by WorkCover inspectors?
To comply with these laws and meet your financial, legal and moral duties and obligations, you must:
a. provide a safe and healthy workplace;
b. adopt a written risk management system;
c. consult with workers; and
d. provide workplace rehabilitation for sick or injured workers.
WorkCover fines and penalties for non-compliance are severe and range between $6,000 and $30,000, and up to $300,000 and/or 5 years imprisonment for an individual.
A workplace fatality may incur a $600,000 personal fine, and/or 5 years imprisonment where the PCBU or an Officer is proven to have been reckless in their WHS duties and obligations.
Corporate fines can be up to $3,000,000 for breaches of the WHS law following a fatality where a body corporate is proven to have been reckless in their WHS duties and obligations.
VeriSure are Specialists Risk Advisors.
Our commitment to providing the very best Policy Terms and Conditions at the most competitive Premium together with our professional Claims Advocacy is paramount.
Contact us for an extensive Risk Assessment today.
Knowledge then Security.